FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM
About Stifel Theatre St Louis
Formerly known as the Peabody Opera House, the Stifel Theatre in St Louis has been voted as one of the US’s best wedding venues by Brides Magazine three years in a row. The theatre merges art deco architecture with the sophistication and class of a grand historic venue. Located in the heart of downtown St Louis, The Stiel Theatre is steeped in over 80 years of history, having hosted some of the greatest events in the history of St Louis. During its heyday, the theatre hosted concert artists, Broadway shows, plays, dance companies, symphonies, blues, jazz, country-western, rock, and opera.
Originally constructed in 1934 as part of the Municipal Auditorium complex, The Opera House is now all that remains of the original building. The Opera house includes a total of seven venues, featuring the opulent main theatre with 3,100 seats and a two-story front lobby.
Why I love this St Louis Wedding Venue
Class and sophistication take center stage at the Stifel Theatre. The art deco architecture of the venue provides an exquisite backdrop for your wedding day photos, while the timeless style of this St Louis wedding venue evokes an unforgettable experience. Imagine spending the evening dining and dancing on the main stage. The finest performers have graced the stage of this theatre, thus adding a layer of history and intrigue to your wedding day.
For your dinner reception, the theatre’s award-winning chefs will curate a customized wedding day menu. They use only the freshest of ingredients for dishes that are regional favorites as well as global selections. Their staff works meticulously to ensure that the individual needs of their guests are met.
Planning Your Wedding at Stifel Theatre
When it comes to planning your unforgettable wedding day, the Stifel Theatre offers couples the use of its spacious ballrooms and the Grand Lobby. However, it is important to note that the Stifel Theatre does not provide a bridal suite for getting ready. Additionally, there is no use of outdoor space at the venue.
The following spaces are available for your wedding day.
- Ceremony space not to exceed 225 seated guests
- Reception space not to exceed 225 seated guests
A wedding at the Grand Lobby comes with the recommendation of a Budweiser Kiel Club Cocktail Hour
- Ticket Lobby Ceremony not to exceed 300 seated guests
- Grand Lobby Reception not to exceed 350 seated guests (this requires use of both levels)
A wedding at the main theatre comes with the recommendation of a Grand Lobby Cocktail Reception
- Ceremony not to exceed 450 seated guests
- Reception not to exceed 300 seated guests
Wedding day packages include the following amenities:
- Stifel Theatre staffing
- In-house event manager
- Use of in-house tables and chairs (for up to 800 guests)
- Tableware, flatware, and glassware for up to 350 guests
- Gold or purple chargers and clear votives*
- Food & Beverage minimums must be met pretax and 24% service charge
- All events require a $3,000 deposit and remaining balance must be paid in full 7 days prior to the event
*Pricing and availability are subject to change*
Parking is as follows:
- Prepaid self-parking is available for $ 15 per spot
- Prepaid valet is available for $25 per car
- Up to 120 spots are available
- Minimum 40 spots
To access a copy of the venue’s wedding planning PDF, follow this link.
For further information, or to book your wedding at The Stifel Theatre, contact details are as follows:
- Stifel Theatre
- Amber Marshall
- 1400 Market St, St. Louis, MO 63103