FOLLOW ON INSTAGRAM
About Piper Palm House Wedding Venue
Built-in 1878, the Piper Palm House is the oldest standing greenhouse west of the Mississippi River. Located in the heart of Tower Grove Park, this conservatory features distinctive architecture, marble flooring, enormous windows, high ceilings, tropical palm trees, and abundant greenery. Likewise, this space is the perfect all-season venue for wedding ceremonies, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, or any other special event.
Lining the perimeter of the event space are several marble busts originally owned by Henry Shaw, now covered in the Piper Palm house protected from any further weathering. Henry Shaw, philanthropist and donor of land to Tower Grove Park, believed that sculpture also had an important place in public parks. A nod to St. Louis’s unique history makes this the perfect location for those with a true passion for this city, as this is altogether the most historically significant building in Tower Grove Park.
Why I love this St. Louis Wedding Wedding Venue
I’m a big fan of transportive venues with great natural light, year-round! Conveniently situated within Tower Grove Park, there are numerous opportunities for portrait locations just outside the venue. This is also a convenient location to numerous other St. Louis ceremony and reception locations such as Wild Carrot if a couple is not hosting both at Piper Palm House.
Additionally, there are other venue options also within Tower Grove Park for the possibility of another ceremony location with the Piper Palm House as only the reception venue. The full overall list of locations can be viewed here.
Planning Your Wedding at this St. Louis Wedding Venue
The indoor seating capacity of the Piper Palm House seats a comfortable 150 guests, with the use of the provided round tables and chairs. Outside the front doors, visitors can enjoy the newly refurbished Stupp Plaza, which overlooks beautifully landscaped lily ponds. Hosts can also welcome more guests with the combined use of the building and plaza, weather contingent.
An indoor or outdoor ceremony at Piper Palm House carries a fee of $1,500 and includes the following:
- Year-round wedding dates available
- Set up and use of 200 white wooden chairs
- Seating for up to 200 guests at the Conservatory, or, 225 guests at the Plaza
- On-site wedding coordinator
- A full-Length mirror and dressing area for the bride
- Complimentary self-parking
- One hour rehearsal during park business hours
- Backdrop of historic Tower Grove Park (amazing for wedding photos!)
- A one-hour rehearsal, held Monday – Thursday, during the week of the wedding
- Mic & speaker (managed by the client)
- Wedding arbor (5’ x 27’’ x 7’ in size)
- $250 Refundable building damage fee
The following dates and times can be booked for wedding ceremonies:
- Friday: 1–3 p.m. or 4–6 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m.–noon, 1–3 p.m. or 4–6 p.m.*
- Sunday: 10 a.m.–noon, 1–3 p.m. or 4–6 p.m.*
*Ceremonies from 4–6 p.m. can only be booked within a 6-month time frame if an evening reception or combo has not already been booked. It is recommended (but not required) to book your ceremony and reception together.
The wedding reception fee for the Piper Palm House is $2,000 for Friday & Sunday, from 7–11 p.m., and $3,000 for Saturday, 7–11 p.m.
The reception fee also includes the following:
- Four-hour rental & two-hour set-up
- Space to seat 150 guests, or standing room for up to 200 guests
- 60’’ round tables (accommodates 150 guests)
- 5 highboy tables
- On-site facility coordinator
- $500 Refundable building damage fee
- 150 Chivari Chairs ($7/chair)
- Tent the plaza
- Event security
- One hour for ceremony to reception flip
To begin the process of planning your wedding at Piper Palm House, you can contact the venue directly via the details below:
- Kelsey Jones | Event and Venues Manager
- The Piper Palm House
- 4256 Magnolia Avenue
- St. Louis, MO 63110
- Ph: 314.771.4410